AIM Enrollment Information
Exam Locations and Coordinators
There are 3 locations for AIM exams with separate coordinators for each exam location.
Please enroll students in the location closest to teacher’s home or teaching residence.
Northwestern University: 1818 Hinman Ave, Evanston, IL 60208
Coordinator: Jia-Yee Tang, email@example.com
Music Institute of Chicago: 40 East Old Mill Rd, Lake Forest 60045 (Lake Forest campus)
Coordinator: Jennifer Cohen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Institute of Chicago: 300 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, IL 60039 (Winnetka campus)
Coordinator: Debbie Stackhouse, email@example.com
Levels 1-2: $15.00
Levels 3-8: $25.00
Levels 9-12: $30.00
PLEASE NOTE: Complete requirements for each level is listed in detail in the 2014 AIM Syllabus. The syllabus and corresponding AIM workbooks for levels 2-12 are available for purchase at www.ismta.org. Please be sure to consult the syllabus for all requirements.
- All enrollment for AIM exams will be done online. No exceptions.
- Fees are payable through Paypal, the online payment option, or by sending one check with all student enrollment fees to your site coordinator.
- Make checks payable to NSMTA.
- No scheduling changes will be permitted once the schedules are done.
- NSMTA dues must be paid by October 31, 2018 in order to participate in AIM.
Teacher Volunteer Requirement
All participating teachers are required to serve as judges, monitors or in other capacity as needed. Attendance at the judges meeting in November and March is necessary in order that consistent evaluation procedures are discussed and used by all teachers.
- Photo copy of any music IS NOT allowed.
- Printed copies of purchased downloadable musicare acceptable. Proof of purchase must be clearly indicated.
- Make up examswill only be given in the event of illness or injury and not for any other conflict or lack of readiness. All make up exams must be completed within 1 month of the scheduled exam date.
- Students may receive an Incompletefor not passing or missing any part of the exam. Incomplete items may be made up within 1 month of the scheduled exam date.
If a piece is not listed in the syllabus, teachers may ask for substitution repertoire approval from the state Repertoire Substitution Chair, Stephanie Myers. Requests must be sent in writing, via email with a scanned copy of the first and last page of the piece(s) no later than January 15. Email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the syllabus provides a list of individual pieces in addition to entire recommended collections at each level.